Medal Design Progress

Over the past 2 weeks I’ve been creating the flower-face side of my Blodeuedd medal. After my attempt in clay didn’t reach the standards that I wanted for my final design, I decided to instead move to the computer and use Adobe Illustrator to achieve the detail that I needed. This has been a very time consuming process but I feel that this was the right decision to make. The clean lines that I was creating in Illustrator also reminded me of the Art Nouveau movement, specifically Alphonse Mucha’s work. As I progressed through the designing process and I got more confident in using Illustrator, the flowers that I was creating began to get much more detailed and I later even found myself going back and re-drawing some of the earlier flowers.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I then edited the design for one last time so it would work best with the laser cutter…

medal progress final


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s